Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook Tuesday August 10th

I found a new blog today that hosts a weekly writing activity.  Bloggers who choose to participate complete a number of writing prompts about their life each Tuesday.   Those who would like are welcome to participate and add their link  to  Simple Woman's linky page.  I think it will be nice to have a specific writing task once a week and will augment my August Break series for the rest of the month.  


FOR TODAY
Outside my window...I see the light fading and the night settling in over the hill.  It is the beginning of the end of a good day.

I am thinking...about how fortunate I am to have wonderful children.  These children of mine are working on responsibility.  Learning how to take initiative rather than wait to be asked to help.  I know that part of this renewed effort on their part is in the hopes of convincing R that we should get a puppy.   I think much learning will be taking place over the next months as they work toward their mutual goal.  

I am thankful for...the family that sustains me; dear friends who constantly amaze me by their caring and love; a life that is fulfilling even when difficult and finally for the cool breeze that has now replaced the day's heat.

From the kitchen...glows warm light above the table where N works diligently on his latest lego project.  

I am wearing...green cropped pants and a black polo shirt; my hair in a clip, my ocean wave silver bracelets, wedding rings, heart bracelet, and n's silly band and white seed bead bracelet.  I am not wearing shoes or makeup. 

I am creating...memories that will last a lifetime(I hope)

I am going...to begin the rest of my life tomorrow as the owner(with R) of my childhood home.  

I am reading...True Compass and I am beginning The Gift.

I am hoping...that the rest of the summer will feel more relaxed after the signing tomorrow.

I am hearing...the fan whirring, the tv talking, and the peepers peeping.

Around the house...there is much to do to prepare for N's birthday celebration on Friday.  I'll need to get to work tomorrow! 

One of my favorite things...other than relaxing with family is to enjoy artistic endeavors; especially photography.

A few plans for the rest of the week:  dentist with N,  playdate for n, preparations for party, bake a cake, clean the house, read my new book

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...


P8071930




To participate in this weekly writing activity please visit The Simple Woman's blog

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails