Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Great Books and Other Stuff

So we are all back to school after a wonderful vacation. Not only was our vacation restful but it was also productive! We finally painted the stairway, upstairs hallway and upstairs bathroom! It was quite a bit of work, but well worth the effort. We went with a 'beach' color scheme. Sand going up the stairs, shallow water(light blue) in the upstairs hallway and then 'deep ocean' (steel blue-think ocean on a stormy day) in the bathroom. I have to say once the entire area was painted I am very happy. I was unsure when the light blue went up, but with the darker blue in the bathroom I am pleased. To spruce up the bathroom I picked up some beautiful chocolate brown and light blue towels that I have been wanting forever!!! I also found a lovely shelving piece in brushed nickel to go over the toilet. Even the kids like the new look. The other night N said he actually likes being in the bathroom now! I feel the same way.



So during vacation we had the opportunity to see the movie Spiderwick Chronicles. It was a good movie although I wished they had developed the characters a bit more. Now we want to buy all the books! They should be fun to read with the kids. Speaking of reading I finally used up my Borders gift cards! Before vacation a friend suggested the book Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. It is wonderful. I am so happy that I made the decision to get the book over vacation. It is one of those reads that you want to devour and savor all at the same time. Does that make any sense to anyone?? Anyway I am about half way through the book and wish I could just sit and read and let everything else go. I also picked up a book entitled Three Cups of Tea...One Man's Mission to Promote Peace...One School at a Time. It looks interesting. I'll let you know when the time comes. My final purchase was that of a coffee table book. Windows on the World Complete Wine Course is a beautiful book with lots of great information and some beautiful photos.

Well it is late and I am tired so that is all for now!

Peace!

2 comments:

Judy said...

Hi!

I purposely got out of the habit of reading your blog after our Pats lost the SuperBowl......couldn't bear it...but you didn't mention it, so it would have been better if I'd checked back in! LOL

Craig and I listened to Eat, Pray, Love on his iPod as we drove to and from our condo in Atlanta. We both loved it...I had warned him that I thought it would be a "chick book", but it was my turn to choose the Audible book, so he was kind enough to listen along, not adding too many malish comments. I also uploaded it to my iPod, and have listened to it again while I work in the studio. What a great book!

sorry I missed your pif.......but I'm in the midst of one of one myself, soooooo, don't need to start another one!

xo

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you like "Eat, Pray, Love!" I loved it, too. I'd like to hear about the cups of tea book when you finish it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails