Friday, October 15, 2010

I found the following quote over at a new blog that I am enjoying.  You can check it out here.   It reminds me of my Dad.




Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor, Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.  - Mark Twain

I think it is the ocean reference that brings Dad to mind.  As I reflect on this quote I wonder if he was disappointed by things he didn't do in his life.  What would he have put on his bucket list?  Did he have any regrets?  These were things we did  not talk of.  He was of a generation that didn't dwell on such matters, at least that is how it seemed.  Problems, regrets, sadness and troubles were all pushed aside or swept under the rug for no one to see.  Happy faces were put on and life went on whatever dreams or disappointments might be lingering.   

Peace!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails