Thursday, June 21, 2012

Simple Women's Daybook



Outside my window...it bright and clear.  The view is deceiving as the air is hot and heavy.  Our first heat wave of the summer. 

I am thinking...that I am so lucky to have the summers at home with my kids. 

I am thankful for...the ability to enjoy each moment, my very best friend with whom I share my moments and my wonderful little family.   


From the kitchen...it's too hot to cook so not much going on in the kitchen.  Tonight's dinner is anyone's guess!   


I am wearing....my jammies because it is summer and I can!

I am creating...cards each day for my dear friend M!  I am hoping that a card a day keeps the blues away!

I am going...to work on my 'teacher' portfolio today.  


I am wondering... if I will be teaching 2nd grade next year like I dreamt about last night.  That would be great!

I am reading...The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan ...still.  I'm hoping to spend some quiet time reading today.  

I am hearing...the whirl of the fan, such a peaceful noise.  


I am hoping...and praying that my friend M, who is fighting cancer, remains strong and heals quickly from her surgery.   


I am looking forward to...seeing cousins over the week of 4th of July!  


I am learning... to be still and have faith. 

Around the house...  things are a bit less messy than the last time I wrote a Daybook entry.   


A favorite quote for today...


"The point is not to pay back kindness but to pass it on."
– Julia Alvarez





One of my favorite things ...is  looking on pinterest for fun ideas for the home and teaching.  

A few plans for the rest of the week: hanging with the kids, staying cool, walking with R each night after supper,   going to the movies, walking the beach, making plans.


A photo I'm sharing:








Peace!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails