Sunday, March 20, 2011

Weekend Happenings

Well this weekend has been a huge success!  Beyond the usual sleeping late and lack of schedule I was fortunate enough to get out with a friend Saturday morning.  We enjoyed coffee together and spent a couple of hours at Claychick painting pottery.  It was so relaxing!  I painted a cake plate/stand.  We were invited to use a new bit of technology at the shop.  The Cricket machine that is typically used in scrap booking can also be used in painting pottery pieces.  I used a scroll design to go around the rim of my plate.  I am so excited to see the final product.  Upon C's suggestion I am having the two pieces fired separately.  With two distinct pieces in the end I'll be able to use them as a stand but also as a chip and dip platter.  I hope they look as beautiful in reality as they do in my mind!  C has created such a welcoming environment in her shop.  I would love to work there.  It would be such a departure from what I do at school yet I could use the same skill set to help customers!  She is just starting so I don't think that will work out any time soon.  I do think however that I am destined to work in some sort of creative arts at some point in my life.  I just feel it!

Last night n and I went on a mini photo adventure.  Once the moon rose we drove down to the beach and tried to take some photos.  Let me just say that I need some more practice.  I think I might go out solo tonight and try again.  I'm going to use my telephoto lens and do some research before I go out.  I would love to get a great moon shot.

Over the ocean

Spooky photo of the house by n

Moon though the trees


I also spent some time over at 40 M.  The new door is in and the downstairs tub is studded.  I'll be taking a few more photos today and will update the other blog as soon as possible.   Today we are meeting the laborer who will be siding the house this week.  From what I understand he is a young Irishman, brogue and all.  I think n and I will be working on filling the cracks in the foundation today.  We'll see what R thinks when we get over to the site.

I hope you are having a fabulous weekend!

Peace!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails