Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Faces

As I sit and watch the continuing coverage of the Michael Jackson memorial I find myself becoming emotional. I am sitting with the emotion as I know it is not about the loss of Michael Jackson but my own loss that I have managed since my childhood, beginning with the loss of my beloved Aunt for whom I believe I was named. These feelings are compounded by a beautiful DVD PowerPoint presentation I received from my Uncle P who is the only surviving sibling from my Mum's family. He and I correspond via email and he has sent me several photos over the past months of my Mum; I knew this DVD was coming but What I didn't know was what it would open in me as I viewed the photos and listened to the music. I am welling up just thinking about the experience. This PowerPoint was produced by my second cousin, Uncle P's granddaughter and it was certainly a labor of love. It is a pictorial history of my Mum's family beginning with photos of her parents...Nanny and Papa... It is more than a Power Point it is a tribute to a family who existed in a bygone era. I saw faces that I see in my minds eye when I think of my childhood. The were smiling at me from my computer screen. I felt like I could reach out and touch them, oh how I wish I could.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails