Thursday, August 7, 2008

Birthdays!

This is a busy time for our family. We celebrated n's birthday yesterday. She is 8! I can hardly believe it! Sometimes it seems like just yesterday that she was born and then at times it seems like a lifetime ago. Anyway our family tradition has been that on our actual birthday we go to a local bakery and pick out a treat. It can be a breakfast treat or an after dinner treat. n decided on a beautiful white frosted chocolate cake. I'll be posting pictures as soon as I download them. It was fun to sing to her and then share the yummy cake. Starting tomorrow we will be celebrating with friends. N is turning 10 early in September so he is having his party tomorrow night. Indiana Jones theme including a 10 clue treasure hunt. It should be a blast. I just finished writing the clues. I hope that they are just right...not too hard not too easy. We'll see. We are also making homemade pizza again and watching one of the Indiana Jones movies. The party is due to end at 9pm. I'll be tired but it will be so worth it I'm sure. Celebration continues on Saturday when all the girls come to celebrate n's birthday. We will be beading necklaces, playing games and having cake and ice cream. n's little friends are so cute. Last year none of her friends were able to come...it was kind of strange actually but this year all but 1 of the children will be coming to our house to celebrate. She is so excited to have her friends here to celebrate and play with her on Saturday. Ocean is the theme of her day. I can't wait! I'll post pictures as soon as I can.

Peace!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails